Plants As Per Vastu
Vastu for Plant in Home
Plants As Per Vastu says that, the plant should be kept in the southeast corner of the living room for good luck and prosperity. The southeast direction is ruled by the planet Venus and is owned by Lord Ganesha.
Plants help detoxify the environment by absorbing carbon dioxide. Hence, Vastu recommends that the plants in your home need to be chosen with utmost care and should be placed in the right direction, to ensure they channel positivity and well-being to the residents hosting them.
7 Best Household Plants According To Vastu
- Rubber plants: The round leaves of the rubber plant are symbolic of wealth and financial growth in Vastu. They can bring you a lot of commercial success and money when placed in the correct zone of your house. They also absorb a lot of toxins in the air of your indoors and act as a natural air purifier.
- Lucky Bamboo Plants: Bamboo trees are pretty low maintenance, therefore it is easy to have them around the home. According to Feng Shui, bamboo brings health, happiness and prosperity to the home. The lotus bamboo, specially, brings luck into the home, and stands for peace and innocence.
- Orchids: The ancient Greeks associated orchids with fertility, libido, and attraction. Therefore, they would be a great addition to the lives of newlyweds. They are symbolic of love, and can comfort the soul. They are also beautiful, and can adorn any corner they are placed in.
Holy Basil (Tulsi): The leaves of the Tulsi plant can emanate oxygen throughout the day and night, which makes it a useful addition to the household. Also, the Tulsi plant holds a very special place in Hindu mythology, and is often worshiped by the women of the household.
- Lotus: Although the lotus is an unconventional choice for a house plant, it has many good vibrations. It is associated with Ma Lakshmi and Lord Buddha, which makes it highly auspicious. The lotus, therefore, is said to attract salvation and wealth. It symbolizes exclusivity, morals, strength, and purity.
- Lily: The Lily plant is a fragrant flower that entices one and all with its aroma. According to Vastu, it is a symbol of happiness, peace, and harmony. It helps the people of the household maintain their composure under crisis.
Lilies are also associated with meditation, and therefore keeping them in a place where this is practiced will serve the purpose better.
- Neem Tree: The presence of Neem tree (Azadirachta indica) in a house generates positivity and Neem also has medicinal properties. It is considered auspicious as per Vastu. Neem tree should be placed in the North-West corner. Air flowing from it should pass through windows of Master Bedroom which is quite beneficial health wise.
Beneficial Vastu Tips for Plants
Always plant tulsi in the North East section at your home. It is considered lucky and auspicious. Holy basil helps you to stay healthy by purifying the air and also keeps you free from ailments by killing germs.
Money plant brings an influx of money. As it is linked to Venus, it is said to increase the bond between husband and wife. This creeper can be planted in the South East or East.
Ashoka increases the bonding in the family members. These trees can be planted on all the four directions of the house.
Amla is also considered quite lucky. This can be planted in the North East or East, but at a little distance from the house.
A banana plant is considered as pure as the tulsi plant. It increases income and also results in tasks being accomplished quickly.
It can be placed near the tulsi plant itself. Those who don’t consider planting a banana tree at home auspicious, can plant it in a planter instead.
You can plant rose, chameli, bela, mogra, marigold, and sunflower along with medicinal plants such as lemongrass, coriander, fennel, ginger, turmeric, etc. In the North, East or the North East. Planting trees with red flowers, such as roses and gulmohar in the South helps in increasing the social status of the house owner.
The pomegranate tree can be planted in South East. It is said to bring in a lot of success and prosperity to the residents when the fruit ripens.
Plants with fragrant flowers – such as champa, nag champa, mogra and raatrani – are considered auspicious and can be planted outside your home.
Bamboo is considered very good for a long life and good fortune. Grow this in the North East or South East.
The presence of neem, mango, coconut, sandalwood, nagkeshar, etc, at an appropriate distance from the house, in any direction, is considered good.
Often, peepal plants take root in the walls of the house. While this is undesirable, people hesitate to remove them as it is not considered good to uproot them. In this case, you can offer a small puja, remove the plant and transfer it to a container.