Dining Table According to Vastu
Vastu for Dining Room
There can be several different looks to a dining hall- traditional, glamorous, romantic or modern, but there is one thing that remains the same. Every dining is built according to the norms set by Vastu for dining room.
If the interiors of the area are not designed as per this system, your perfect space will transform into a depressing, bad-luck creator.
Here are a few tips that will help you create an atmosphere which is not just perfect for meals but also for attracting prosperity and luck. According to the experts a dining room must be located in the West.
If Dining Table placed in the kitchen, the dining table should be kept in the northwest section. And be placed in such a way that the owner or the eldest person sitting will face the north or east. The guest face south or west while eating.
The dining room is the room in the house where all the members of the family come together, eat food, talk and have a fun time together. The room is meant to bring everyone closer and have a chit chat session, know each other better.
Often it is said that “a family that eats together, sits together always stays together.” Well, this is the room that is best to have some time together. It is a place where guests are entertained and served.
Vastu Tips for Dining Room
1. cement for the Dining Room; The Dining room can be an autonomous room or n continuation with the kitchen in the east, west or south side.
Often people feel confused about the direction, but when it comes to the dining room, any direction is suitable, all it takes is it must be near to the kitchen.
2. Near and Same Floor as The Kitchen ; The Dining room should be on the same floor as the Kitchen.
There is no point of having the Dining room on any other floor other than the Kitchen as it will become difficult to carry utensils and hot food. So, Vastu advises to always keep the dining room and kitchen on the same floor for smooth flow of work.
3. Perfect Shape for the Dining Table ; The finest form of the Dining Table according to Vastu Shastra is Square or Rectangle.
There are many Shapes like round, oval, hexagon or any other irregular shapes dining tables are available but they are best avoided. When sitting at a table one needs enough space so that one can eat comfortably.
4. A place for the Dining Table: The best place for the dining table is in the center of the room. Avoid touching dining table with walls as it is easier to sit on all the chairs.
In case, the dining table touches the wall, make sure only one side gets covered, and rest of the space is free and spacious enough to sit.
5. Way to sit on the Table ; Vastu also give guidelines on how to sit on the table. When it comes to sitting on the dining table, one should sit facing east, north or west side.
The head of the family must take the east side, and the rest of the family can sit facing east or north or west side. It is considered good when the sun rays enter directly from east direction and brighten up the day.
Avoid sitting south facing as the North Pole and south facing direction repel each other and create an imbalance in life.
6. Things to Avoid; In a house, all the rooms are adjoining and interconnected. Make sure to construct bathroom away from the dining room as it is considered very unhygienic and uncomfortable to eat near a bathroom.
Also, in case the door of the bathroom is left open, the foul smell is very uncomfortable to bear, thus avoiding dining room near bathrooms is best.
7. Door for the Dining Room ; The door of the dining room must not be facing the entrance door. It is very awkward when people from outside can watch a person or the family eating. So, keeping the entrance door away from the dining room door is the best. Also, the best directions to fix the door are east, north and west directions.
8. Colors for the Dining Room Walls ; Place dining room where hunger strikes and stomach gets full. It is a place where family members eat and rejoice.
The appropriate colors for the room can be light blue, yellow, saffron, peach, light green or light shades of pink and orange. Using these shades stimulate the appetite and also make the look bright, big and interesting.
9. Wall Decors ; There is no room in the house that is free from wall decors apart from a store room. Wall decors are important for every room. As they enhance the beauty of the room and also cover up the empty walls.
When it comes to the dining room, a person can always hang nature related paintings, food related paintings or posters, and famous chef’s painting with motivational quotes.
Vastu Shastra advises hanging nature paintings as they give a calming effect on the mind.
10. Placement for Wash Basin; People used to have a small wash basin in the dining room to make it easy to clean hands and mouth after eating.
Vastu Shastra says that if there is a wash basin in the dining room. The perfect place to fix the basin is in North or east side of the room. Having a basin in these sides makes it easy to reach the wash basin. And also the sun rays coming from east side keeps the water pure.