Staircase as per Vastu
Staircase Direction As Per Vastu suggest that staircase must always be built in the western or southern part of the house. It should not be constructed in the north-east corner, as it is believed that a staircase here can lead to financial losses. In fact, a staircase in any corner except the western or southern corner is believed to lead to losses. A staircase connects two spaces i.e. internal and external as well as one level to another level. A staircase is one of the most important features in any structure.
Front door facing the staircase is the most common problem as per Vastu. Consider steps going down towards the North, North East and East as auspicious according to the Vastu.
Vastu For Staircase In East Facing House
Outside the house, there are two acceptable choices according to Vastu Shastra. The primary goal is for the southeast corner and the close toward the northwest corner.
South East Corner:-
Start the flight of stairs on the southern side of the Eastside without contacting the compound divider in the Eastside towards the South. Arrive at the halfway and turn towards the North. Finish in an arrival over a Balcony or Portico towards North-East corner.
North West Corner:-
Start the flight of stairs on the western side of the Northside without contacting the compound divider in the Northside towards the West. Arrive at the halfway and turn towards the East. Finish in an arrival over a Balcony or Portico towards North-East corner.
Staircase Position As Per Vastu
- An external staircase can be built in the southeast direction facing east, southwest direction facing west, northwest direction facing north, and southwest direction facing south.
- Always begin your stairs from north to south or east to west. A turn can also be taken to other sides, in case there is a lack of space.
- Number of steps in staircase as per Vastu must always have an odd number and the number must never end with a zero.
- Never make circular staircases as they have the ability to cause bad health. Also, a staircase encircling the building can lead to severe calamites.
- Construct doors at the end and beginning of each staircase. Also, it’s important to make sure the stairs don’t touch the northern or eastern walls.
- Broken stairs must be repaired instantly, as they may lead to tensions and accidents.
- Rooms such as bathroom, kitchen, or pooja room should never be built under a staircase. This area can only be used for creating a storage room.
- Staircases must always be painted in light colors and shades such as red and black should be avoided completely.